“Will was a real pleasure to work with, extremely dependable and always willing to go the extra mile to assist both other gc lawyers and the clients. He was thoroughly committed and was an invaluable member of the deal team. He took ownership of aspects of the transaction and saw them through to Completion without needing any hand holding – I would not hesitate to involve him again in other transactions I am working on. He has the makings of becoming a great lawyer, and I suspect it won’t be long before he is running significant transactions of his own” Mark Whittaker, gunnercooke.
Will is a Senior Associate Solicitor who specialises in corporate M&A and general corporate advisory work for both private and public companies. He also has experience in private equity, corporate finance and commercial contracts.
He advises a broad range of companies including those in the technology, healthcare, manufacturing and finance sectors.
• Secondment at Brakes Group, Ashford. Corporate restructuring work and public and employee liability claims.
• Advised Fosters + Partners on a large employment procedure, together with gunnercooke lawyers.
• Acted for the founder and Chief Executive Officer of InternetQ plc, on the recommended takeover offer of the company by a consortium which included Toscafund Asset Management LLP and private equity house Penta Capital LLP.
• Advised OLM Group Limited on the sale of Peppermint Technologies Limited to Scottish Equity Partners. OLM and it shareholders retained a stake in the business.
• Advised Civica Group on its acquisition of Norwel Computer Services Limited, a specialist in application software (including cloud based SaaS) and related services for the legal sectors in both the public and private sectors.
• Acted for award winning organic drinks producer Rebel Kitchen on its acquisition of a controlling interest in Better Fresh Limited, a producer of coconut water and yogurt products under the brand name “Unoco”.
• Acted for one of the UK’s leading care home businesses on a number of acquisitions (a mixture of share and asset purchases) in the UK.
• Advised on the establishment of a joint venture to set up a private equity investment fund involving a CaymanCo fund structure.
Previous Law Firms/Companies
• 2015 - 2016 - Charles Russell Speechlys LLP
• 2011 - 2015 - Cripps LLP
• 2015 - Secondment, Brakes Group, Ashford, UK
• 2010 - 2011 Legal Practice Course, College of Law
• 2006 - 2009 Bachelor of Laws (LLB Hons), Queen Mary, University of London