Sarah is a solicitor who can offer support in all aspects of corporate and commercial work.
She completed her training and qualification as a solicitor under the supervision of gunnercooke and during that time built up a strong reputation as a reliable and hard-working addition to any team.
“Sarah has demonstrated an ability to manage detailed assignments and always achieved the very highest standards. She demonstrates a capacity to research and select methods from a range of different sources. Her communication with our clients shows Sarah’s breadth and depth of knowledge. Her powers of analysis are clear, concise and accurate. She has an analytical mind as demonstrated in her fluent, coherent and reasoned understanding present in both written and oral communications with colleagues.” – Brian Hay, CEO, Cardinal Maritime Group
“Sarah is a fantastic asset to any team and I always like to ensure she will be available to work with me on my transactions. She displays a level of skill and competence far beyond that of which I would expect from a trainee. I was a trainee supervisor for 8 years at Addleshaw Goddard (and worked at the firm for 12 years) and am happy to confirm that Sarah is one of the brightest and most able junior lawyers I have ever worked with. I will happily ask Sarah for her view on matters and feel confident that if she is given a task to do it will be done accurately and ahead of deadline. Sarah is a team player, she has a “can do” attitude that is supported by a comprehensive knowledge of corporate and banking law and she has a great deal of common sense. Sarah will also confidently deal with practical and administrative company secretarial matters and filing requirements at Companies House. Sarah is calm, quietly confident and willing to roll up her sleeves and get involved. She is keen to learn and will seek feedback at the appropriate time. I can completely rely on Sarah and really enjoy working with her.” – Georgina Tripp, Banking Partner, gunnercooke llp
“Sarah has become an extremely valued and important member of my team. Her calm yet confident nature will stand her in good stead as she progresses with her career and I am certain that she will make an excellent solicitor. Sarah not only has the technical attributes that are required in the work that she undertakes but also such a positive attitude that’s instils colleagues and clients alike with confidence.” – Nick Ducker, Corporate Partner, gunnercooke llp
- Advising a leading UK nursery on the acquisition of several multiple site nurseries. Work involved running the due diligence and disclosure process and being responsible for the drafting and negotiation of the full suite of ancillary documents.
- Advising a leading UK retailer on the acquisition of specialist veterinary surgeries and, more recently, the disposal of a subsidiary of the group. Work included running the due diligence and disclosure process and being responsible for drafting and negotiating the full suite of ancillary documents.
- Advising a leading UK retailer on the re-structure of their veterinary division. Work involved liaising with a restructuring partner of gunnercooke to draft and file dissolution documents for various subsidiaries of the group.
- Advising the shareholders of a group of opticians on a restructure and exit of the business. Work involved the negotiation of settlement agreements and exit provisions, new shareholders’ agreement for the remaining shareholders and put and call option agreements.
- Reviewing B2B terms and conditions on behalf of a client with a view to them entering into a new agreement with a customer.
- Acting for a peer-to-peer lender in relation to the grant of loan facilities. Work involved drafting a report on title, drafting a full suite of security documents including the principle loan agreement and managing the completion process. As part of the service provided to this client, I spent a period of time working in house to build up our relationship and gain a better understanding of the business.
- Acting for a commercial landlord on the negotiation of a 25 year lease, with an option to extend, together with a licence for alterations.
- gunnercooke – 2014 to 2016
- SWS Metal Treatments Limited – 2009 to 2014
- Cardinal Maritime Limited - 2004 to 2009
- Professional Skills Course – BPP, Manchester
- Legal Practice Course – Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester
- LLB (Hons) Part Time – Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester
- A Levels & GCSEs - Manchester High School for girls